Sunday, April 15, 2012

Domestic Workers

As I have stated in class, my family and I have had wonderful relations with the domestic workers whom we have or had hired. It's very hard for parents who have full-time jobs, to take care of the domestic work.   Thus they need a domestic worker. And, in my opinion, the most important process of making sure everyone is happy, is through an interview; where one sees if to employer and employee are compatible. I am very glad to have had domestic workers around. I have had very close relationships with our domestic workers, and I am very sure that they were happy working for my family. The same goes for some of my friends and their domestic workers, who have had similar relationships to their domestic workers, as I have. I have many memories were I would have conversations with my domestic workers, asking for advise, sharing my secrets with them, and just watching TV or singing with them. Many times they would eat with us at our table, they would be like another family member. And I know many people who share the same view. Yes, I do know that there are negative turn-outs for many domestic workers. But in my case and our domestic workers' case everything was 'positive'.

No comments:

Post a Comment