Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ttttake away

This class has provided me with the insight I need to examine the inner-workings of our gendered society. Honestly, my favorite part about having taken this class is being able to point things out to my friends. I like being able to take a gender-critical outlook on everything I interact with. More specifically, the issue of pink v blue, domestic workers, plastic surgery, masculinity, etc. Whenever friends of mine make comments like "oh he does/looks like this, he must be gay," I can swoop in with my knowledge and provide my newfound insight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those terrible people always ready to jump in and give a history lesson when someone makes a flippant gender-related comment. Thankfully the majority of people find it interesting. I think the best way to do it is in fun factoid form rather than explanation - short attention spans and all that. Plus I like bitesize facts.

    ReplyDelete