Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thoughts on this class

I had never taken a class that revolved around masculinity and feminism and about race and gender issues before, and at first honestly I thought it was just too repetitive and that some people took it too personally. But now I've started to have a different view on these issues and also became more interested in this class after getting into more diverse topics. I still love Disney but can see the negative affects of it too, and I still love fashion advertisements even though I know they cause harm to other people. Therefore from this class I will take on a more open-minded view on matters. Also, I think what this class lacks is a solution. We talk about all the problems with media and society, but we never think about solutions, what can be done to change this. So, many questions still remain on my mind, such as what could be the substitute of Disney Princesses in young girls lives?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that this class, as enlightening as it is, lacks a solution. It made me feel kind of stuck and anxious because even though I relate to and understand the social problems presented in the class, I didn't know what to do to improve conditions or change ideals.

    ReplyDelete