Sunday, January 15, 2012

Black Panther Party Platform and Program

Black Panther Party Patform and Program was the most fascinating to me. They stood for the oppressed and the underepresented at the time when they were needed most. I believe they played a role in the freedom of people of color. At this moment in time some of their demands might seem impractical, but at the time when they existed they had a lot of pressure from the oppressing government and white supremecy. Demanding the release of all black prisoners and asking for the jury to be only represented by black people might seem impractical at this point in time. However, partial nature of the social justice during their time caused them to make such demands. After I learned about them, I asked if the party is still existing these days. I was suprised to learn that they don't exist anymore. I feel that they represented something important in our society. There is still a lot of injusticies in our society that requires the attention of parties such as Black Panther.

No comments:

Post a Comment