Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Holstee Manifesto: Making The Life You Want To Live

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2010/11/02/picked-the-holstee-manifesto/

The Holstee Manifesto really spoke to me because it paralleled the way that I want to live my life. The manifesto states: "This is your life. Do what you love and do it often... Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion." I have always made it a goal to pursue my dreams and passions, though the implications can often be scary. For instance, I chose to be an English major because of my deep love for literature, but at times the decision can seem daunting. It would be a much easier choice to take the safe route and, in this case, pursue a career that promises to be safe and successful. At the same time, I know that my choice, however unstable, makes me incredibly happy. I try to live every aspect of my life in a way that stays true to my dreams and character because I believe that the most important thing in life is true happiness. Nothing less than that is worth pursuing. Like the manifesto says, life is over in the blink of an eye and that makes it so much more vital to push away our fears in favor of our dreams. "Life is simple," and I believe that we need to stop attempting to complicate and over-think it. Find happiness and everything else will follow. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment