Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sojourner Truth:"Ain't I a Woman?"

I was pretty impressed after reading the essay called “Ain’t I A Woman?”. Though I am a man, I could understand what the woman was trying to say about equality. In fact, I had experienced a kind of racism when I first came to the states. It might have been a bigger difficulty for me because I always had been thinking I am Asian personally before people actually faced to me. However, after few days when I realized that I am the one who needs to brace myself against a difficulty, I tried my best to get involved in groups of people from other countries. As a result, they realized my true feelings and considered me as same with others. This essay reminded me about my unforgettable experience in the states. In my opinion, only a true heart of a person has a power to do away with stereotypes no matter what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment