Sunday, February 5, 2012

Psychoanalysis

I think the point of Freud is to see his theories everywhere to the point of twisting the situation to fit his ideas.  Most of what I think of when the subject of Freud comes up is the manifestation of sexual desires, but I see it as how suppressed desires manifest themselves.  I don't really believe in Freud's theories, but I do see how his ideas can be seen everyday things such as TV and children's actions.  The most obvious instances of Freud's theories are in cases where people look for partners that are similar to their parents.  I think of this as a biological trait, where children will learn from their parents what "desirable" traits are.  This could be psychological, but I think of it as a simple learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment