Sunday, February 5, 2012

Psychoanalysis

I have never come across Freud before, and I found his theories quite interesting. According to Freud, our minds are divided into conscious and unconscious minds. The unconscious mind influences our behavior and experiences when we are unaware of the influences. Childhood shapes what we are today. We are subconsciously attracted to our kin or features similar of our own because we as children emulate gender dynamic in parents. I found this theory quite true. I found myself attracted to the males who come from the same background or possess similar features as I do. Additionally, I have always observed and have always been intrigued that my female friends look similar to their boyfriends. I guess Freud’s point of psychoanalysis is shown in our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment