Sunday, February 5, 2012

Psychoanalysis

The theory of psychoanalysis was very foreign to me before reading Freud's theories. The idea of the unconscious mind having its own actions doesn't change my outlook of some events in my past in my life.  I look at it on a more genetic view rather than unconscious actions but I do realize that the unconscious actions and my genetic view has to be traced back to somewhere without the genetic aspect. The example of a young male boy touching himself and then being told not to and wanting to do it even more and or not in a public setting is all about how the one telling the boy not to is coming about it along with their view on how society looks upon it. I feel like if a certain way to go about things controls ones " unconscious" actions due to their values cause at that age its very unlikely to have the concept of right or wrong values

No comments:

Post a Comment